The Cook Memorial Library has launched a new and improved website at www.CookMemorialLibrary.org. The redesigned site, created by Piper Web Designs – a design company that focuses on the website needs of small libraries, embodies the Library’s mission to maintain and improve library services that reflect the informational, educational, and recreational needs of our the La Grande community. The home page welcomes visitors with bold new colors, a clean design, and moving images featuring content created by library staff. Major features of the new site include:
- Automatic adaptation to any computer, tablet or mobile device for the best user experience. The site meets ADA accessibility standards as well.
- Tabs featured on the home page will lead visitors to new and fresh content highlighting library resources, materials and programs.
- All navigation is condensed to one location and will be available from all pages of the website.
- With one click, users can access the library catalog, start learning something new, get homework help, or find information about upcoming library programs.
- Quick access to digital media accounts: Library2Go, Freading, Freegal Music, Creativebug, and Kanopy movie streaming service.
- Streamlined Calendar of Events featuring upcoming library programs, searchable by audience categories like children’s, all ages, families.
- Newest arrivals: signup to receive the Library’s weekly newsletter highlighting the newest arrivals or check out the New York Time’s Bestsellers lists.
In addition, the Adult & Family Literacy Center has its own pages and there’s easier access to information about the Library Commission and the La Grande Community Library Foundation. Instead of several downloadable forms, there are now online forms that can be submitted with the click of a button. “With changes in technology and continued demand by users it was time for a restructuring of the online portal to our services,” said Library Director Kip Roberson. “The new site features a clean, fresh look, and will greatly improve the experience of library users. We look forward to feedback from users as we continue to develop and expand the new service.”
For more information about this and other library programs, please contact the library at 541-962-1339.